Research Sabbatical for Faculty at 2-year and 4-year institutions
The companion program to the REU site aims to help faculty at 2- and 4-year institutions initiate research programs related to analytical problems in the developing world. The projects for the REU give an idea of the scope and facilities available, although other ideas are possible. Please contact potential research mentors directly before filling out an application. It is anticipated that this program will be offered in the summers of 2015, 2016, and 2017.
- 4-6 week program between June 1 and August 5, 2016
- Apprenticeship model with hands on mentoring
- Training and access to research facilities
- Professional development and grantspersonship training
- Continued research connections possible during academic year
- Tenure-track or tenured faculty at primarily undergraduate institutions
- 3-5 participants will be supported in each year
- 4-6K stipend provided by program, depending on time committment.
- You can nominate a rising sophomore or junior from your home institution for admission into the REU program; the intent is to provide you with a trained researcher for the following academic year.
- Your home institution must provide a additional 50% match to your stipend in the form of academic year research support. This could be a discretionary account, release time, undergrad stipends, or travel money, but it should be a form of support that is above and beyond what is normally provided to faculty at your institution. You will need to provide a letter of committment from your home institution when you apply.
Application deadline: February 15, additional applications will accepted after that date if there is room in the summer program.
Application form: pui_research_program2016.pdf